Thursday 29 March 2012

Feeling Lucky, Punk?

Armed with the answers we had found on the first part of our Geocache hunt yesterday, Karin and I tried to work out the final coordinates. We weren't sure where we were going wrong, but the coordinates we were getting didn't seem to be quite right. Yes, it was for a location in Adelboden, but it looked like the middle of a field. Regardless, we decided we would go have a look today, and on the way stop off at another cache location. Off we went and our first stop was to pay a visit to some goats and find out their birthday to solve the cache puzzle; we'll return to that one another day to find the last location.

Next we attempted to find the position that our coordinates had sent us, but as we'd expected there was nothing there. We decided to take a walk into town, going up a different path than usual. Now, we had a clue for the cache which was "stone wall" and logically we also thought it wouldn't be too far away from where we'd solved our last clue. So, when walking along the path to town through the trees, alongside a stone wall, I jokingly said it might be in there somewhere. We'd been walking no more than a minute or so when Karin suddenly runs to the wall and says, "I've found it!". I seriously thought she was joking, but no! There it was! That girl is a cache-machine! Hahaha.

There was more luck to be had in town. Stopping at the co-op, I happened to be browsing by the the iced tea shelves, when what should my eye spy? ARIZONA ICED TEA! Unbelievable. Now if you know me, you might know how much I love the stuff. I thought you could only buy it in America, yet here it is in the Adelboden co-op! There were only 3 flavours though; but one of them happened to be my favourite.

Astounded by the luck of the day, Karin and I decided to treat ourselves to some tasty cinnamon ice cream cones from the cart outside, and then we contentedly walked back to the Chalet.

No comments:

Post a Comment