Sunday 25 March 2012

Feiern wir! (Let's Party!)

So we didn't end up going out on Friday night as everyone was really tired, but instead we hung out in the living room with a drink or two, and then Stef and I decided we were going to learn the routine to the 'Single Ladies' dance! It is very fast and quite tricky, but we made a good start thanks to a tutorial video we found online. Maybe after a few weeks practice we'll look like professionals!

On Saturday, I was on Guest Services with Karin whilst everyone else was running Programme activities with the Girl Scouts Overseas group we had staying. The girls were all ages, from very cute Daisies (Rainbows!) up to 14 year old Guides.
After working very hard all morning, Karin and I were in for a treat. The Chalet had been given a free ski pass for being loyal customers of a local company (or something like that), but it had to be used that very day. Soooo they gave the pass to the two of us, to go spend the afternoon skiing! There was only one pass, so we purchased a second and split the cost; a brilliant deal if you ask me. We took the cable car up Tchentenalp, and spent a few hours zooming down the blue and red runs. Well, I say blue and red, but I spent most of my time on the blue. I worked on improving my technique as I've been stuck in the stage of taking corners in a 'V' shape; which doesn't look very cool, and also puts a lot of stress on my ankle and leg muscles, tiring me quickly. It was a bit awkward at first, but I started to get the hang of keeping my skis parallel on the corners, and definite progress was made! At end of all my effort, and before we headed back down the mountain on the cable car, I skied one last slope with Karin, taking on one of the red runs. YAY!

We returned to work for the evening and made dinner, then later on some of us headed out to town for a rescheduled night out at Bernabar. Putri, Stef and I had a good night making friends with locals and laughing with them at some of the sentences in my German phrase book that I took along!! Can anyone tell me what "Der Wind könnte mir die Ohren wegblasen!" means?? :D

On Sunday morning I was on Programme, which involved me playing games with some of the Daisies and then setting them off on a Scavenger hunt around the Chalet grounds. The girls really enjoyed it.
It was the last working day of our wonderful kitchen co-ordinator Jenny, so that evening, we christened the new fondue sets we got last week. It was alright, but I can't say I'm a huge fan of fondue as the cheese tastes a bit too strong for my liking. Dessert was much better though, as we had a lovely honey and almond cream cake!
I'll really miss Jenny; now we have a week or so before our new co-ordinator arrives, which means Vollies in charge! Uhoh, haha.
After a quick Skype with my gorgeous friend Katie, then my parents and Duncan, we had a wee games night in Stöckli. We played Cranium, which I think is fast becoming a favourite of ours. My team won!!

No comments:

Post a Comment