Friday 16 March 2012

Walking Uphill

Oh nooo. I'm falling behind with my blog posts. Lets catch up!
So... On Tuesday I had another day off, and as I'd been very busy travelling all the way to Germany the day before, I decided to take it easy. After a wonderful lie-in, watching Pocahontas and some lunch, Carly and I began the trek into town. We had to go all the way down the hill to the bottom of the valley, and then all the way back up the other side on one of the steepest paths I have ever walked on in my life!! We had to stop for several breaks, it was that strenuous! Still, it was a glorious day to be outside. We've been having some amazing weather here. It feels more like summer than spring, but yet there is still a lot of snow around. I imagine it won't last long if the temperature continues like this though. I'm in two minds about that - on one hand, I love the snow and want it to stick around so I can play in it some more, but on the other side I love the sunshine a lot! Oh well, I'm being spoilt with the best of both worlds at the moment.
So, in town Carly and I explored some of the shops and the local church; which was very beautiful and peaceful inside, such stunning stained glass windows; and we climbed the fountain in town for a photo (This is another mission on our Staff Challenge).

Before we headed back we stopped by one of the little taverns in the town as well, so that I could have a look for a certain beverage that I discovered a few years previously in Switzerland and have never been able to find in the UK. They had it! It's named 'Eve' and it's delicious. I introduced Carly to it, and she was also won over.

The past few days I have been working hard doing Guest Services. There has been a lot of cleaning, laundry folding, washing up and cooking.

Everyday after lunch clean-up, I have just over an hour of free time, so I've been taking the snowboard up to Baby Chalet hill and practising my boarding. I've watched a few YouTube videos on how to snowboard as there is nobody here who can teach me, and I think I'm doing okay. Learning isn't exactly a speedy process, but slowly I think I'm getting more confident. There is still a lot of falling down involved, but I'm enjoying it and I'm really determined to get better. Snowboarding is something I've always wanted to be able to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment