Monday 5 March 2012

Moving House and a Day Off

My first day off began as it should: with a lie in of course! At 9.30am I got up and had a nice shower without having to rush, and then I was able to dress in my own clothes!!! YAY! It was awesome. Then I got some breakfast with everyone before returning to the attic room to pack up all my stuff and move home across to Stockli. It took me 2 journeys and then I was very content to start unpacking and settling in immediately. Now my room feels like a proper bedroom; I have photos on the wall, a desk, a chest of drawers for my clothes and even a lovely snuggly pink blanket on my bed. The staff house is so nice. There's a kitchenette, nice bathrooms with great showers (very important), and a small living room area with a tv, and a bookcase full of books and dvds that have been left behind by previous vollies who stayed here. In the hallway there is a magic cupboard, and in the magic cupboard is every toiletry you might possibly need: collections of sun cream, shampoo, moisturiser, bug spray, cotton wool etc. again, all left behind by past staff. Brilliant! I can really feel at home now.

Once unpacked and changed into our ski gear, our next move was to grab our skis and start walking over to the village of Boden, about a half hour walk away. There we found the baby ski slope, which we had decided to visit today so that we could teach the newbie skiers a little, as well as have a bit of a ski ourselves. Stefanie and I taught Eve, whilst Carly helped Putri. Karin knew a bit already so she set off to practice alone. Sammi was out on her snowboard again, and when she took a break I had another little run on it, just from a quarter of a way up the hill. I did okay, though I did take my first fall and landed right on my bum which really hurt! After doing that for a while, I returned to skiing for the rest of the afternoon. As if my legs weren't tired enough, we then had to walk all the way back to the Chalet, carrying our skis again and this time uphill. Yowch. We made it back in the end though and sat down for a nice cup of tea and a rest. :)
We had thought of going into Adelboden town in the evening after dinner, to check it out and maybe visit the pub for a drink, but we were way too tired after our active day. Instead I'm sitting writing this blog in my new bedroom with my slippers on mmmm. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment