Tuesday 24 April 2012

Why Is A Raven Like A Writing Desk?

My day began very early this morning, as I rose at 3.45am to set off on a sunrise hike up Cheunisbargli. Putri, Karin and I began our trek in darkness, with our torches showing the way. It was snowing lightly, but we're hardcore explorers so we didn't mind! We made good progress and managed to make it to the top in about 2 hours, despite being slowed down by snow-covered paths as we reached higher altitudes. The sky was just beginning to brighten. Though it was too cloudy to actually see a proper sunrise, it was still pretty cool, and there was a great view of the valley below. Walking back was much easier and we arrived back at the Chalet just after 8am, whereby I promptly fell back into bed and didn't wake up until the bell rang for lunch at noon!

The afternoon was spent preparing my costume for the evening's event: an Alice in Wonderland 'Unbirthday Party' organised by Carly. I'd been looking forward to it all week! I was going as Alice, and I managed to whip up a pretty decent costume from what was available. I also put together a simple White Rabbit costume for Carly, as she was way too busy getting the teaparty ready and making delicious food to make one for herself.

All dressed up, 6 o' clock arrived and everyone assembled for the evening to begin! It was a fantastic sight. There were so many awesome outfits; the Queen of Hearts, the Mad Hatter, Dormouse in a teapot, Tweedledum & Tweedledee, a playing card, Cheshire Cat, White Rabbit and myself, Alice! As for the table, Carly did an amazing job of decorating, and the spread of food had everything from jam sandwiches, inside-out cupcakes and scones to chicken pastries and quesadillas!

The party was a huge success; we shared nonsense poems and jokes, and took lots of photos! I know I have a fondness for costume parties anyway, but it really was brilliant. One of the highlights of my time here!

No comments:

Post a Comment