Sunday 8 April 2012

I'm Dreaming of a White Easter?

Happy Easter everyone! I awoke early this morning to find a sparkling snow-covered scene outside my window. It honestly felt more like Christmas! The local Heilsarmee band arrived with their brass instruments at 7am to perform on the hill and welcome the Easter morning. Afterwards they joined us for an Easter breakfast feast.

Now, Easter wouldn't be complete without a visit from the Easter Bunny, and sure enough he'd stopped by Our Chalet and hidden a little bag of chocolate treats for each of us. The hunt began and lasted at least an hour, as the Bunny had been devious with his hiding places! Armed with the egg-hunting skills I've honed over the years (My dad is a master hider), I was able to do a thorough search and found my Easter surprise hidden in the American Room, inside a drawer in the bureau. Yummy!

The afternoon brought more egg-citement (haha, couldn't resist!) with egg painting, and also egg dyeing - something I've never tried before but really liked doing.

Later we held an egg rolling competition, and rolled them down an improvised ramp (too much snow to do it outside unfortunately); and my egg didn't let me down as it rolled all the way across the room! Go 'Scotch Egg'! We also held a three-legged obstacle course race, and finally a pub quiz prepared by moi.

No comments:

Post a Comment