Monday 9 April 2012

"My Plan with the Pyjamas is Working..."

My working day began by giving a tour to some visiting Derbyshire Girl Guides, and I also finally received my training in the shop which was really put to the test by the Derbyshire girls' spending power! A fairly average day of working in the kitchen and cleaning around the chalet ensued. However, after checking my progress towards my Staff Challenge and deciding I needed to take more action, I suggested to the other Vollies that we spend the night sleeping in the campfire tent. Not content with just that, I also hiked all the way to town and back at midnight by myself. 7 more points earned? Oh yeah!

Once back from my hike, I headed to the tent with the others... The experience of sleeping there was horrible! I got barely any sleep, and despite piling all the blankets we could find on top of our sleeping bags, it got really cold. My feet were like blocks of ice in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment