Monday 23 April 2012

Queen of the Dessert

On the 20th, we worked on our personal projects. Karin, Eve and I are focusing on revamping the WAGGGS room. Amongst other things, we want to make a Pen Pal wall, which is what we began working on. I started making a postbox from cardboard. In the evening, we had a special Dessert Night. Everyone had prepared a different dessert, and we set them all out and helped ourselves. Everything was delicious! I had made french macarons; a dish I've never attempted before, and which was pretty tricky, but turned out great! If only I'd had some food dye, they would have looked even prettier. On Saturday 21st I had a day off with Karin, and we set off on a Geocaching spree; managing to find 3 and hiking several miles in the process!

The next day, after the usual work, Putri and I ran a cultural evening programme for the staff. She taught us all about Singapore, and I shared some knowledge about Scotland with a presentation I had prepared. I also included a recital of Tam o' Shanter, a Scots language quiz, Scottish confectionary to try, and some lessons in Ceilidh dancing to end the evening.

We had a special 'Christoph Day' today. This meant spending the entire day outdoors doing chopping, sawing, shredding and de-branching fallen trees and logs with our resident Grounds and Maintenance man. I actually used a chainsaw!! We even stayed outdoors for meals, cooking both our lunch and dinner over a fire. Thank goodness it wasn't a wet day!

No comments:

Post a Comment